binformed provides five key tools to help you manage you and your family’s COVID-19 risk:
- A detailed health risk assessment to understand your overall health and health risks relative to COVID-19.
- A detailed symptom checker that you use once, every day or as you need. We recommend you and your family or your isolation cohort, check your symptoms and monitor them on a daily basis.
- An exposure management tool, called the binformed Dosimeter. The dosimeter currently runs on Apple iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. The dosimeter makes it extremely easy for you to keep a diary of your daily exposure risks and gives you a risk score.
- Evidence-based information about COVID-19, that cuts through the clickbait, media craziness and doom scrolling of social networking and news feeds. COVID-19 is a disease that is relatively well understood, and the key is to be cognizant of the actual risks and to manage your and your family’s lives appropriately. It is about making the right decisions based on the actual evidence.
- Population and public health analytics to help you understand COVID-19 locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. binformed’s covidata analytics platform provides a simple set of tools to review and understand complex data.
How binformed Works
If you feel you are at risk, have been exposed or are otherwise concerned about whether or not you may have COVID-19, binformed provides you a health risk and symptom assessment to evaluate your COVID-19 risk. Based on the information you provide, binformed offers evidence-based recommendations, based on local guidelines as to whether or not your risk warrants:
- Direct Medical Care
Once an initial risk is defined, binformed provides text-based reminders to record and manage your risk and any symptoms, as well as the ability to assess or update your status at any time.
binformed About Flattening the Curve(s)
You have probably heard about flattening the curve in order to control the COVID-19 pandemic. There are actually five curves all of us are collectively trying to flatten:
- The rate of exposure – how do we limit the number of people we are at risk of infection?
- The rate of symptoms – for people who have respiratory symptoms, how many might have COVID-19?
- The rate of infection – of those tested, how many are positive?
- The rate of hospitalization – of those infected, how many have severe enough symptoms to be hospitalized?
- The rate of ICU admission and/or intubation for severe, life-threatening infection.
binformed is a tool to manage the collection of data and the analysis of those data to measure, define and promote success in limiting all five of these risks.
Resources + Further Information
binformed and covidata are products from Build4orce.com, built with a team from The University of Texas at Austin, Harvard and The University of California San Francisco.